Friday, October 30, 2009

Simply Jesus Men's Conference - my reflections

Our wonderful church sponsored a Men's Conference last weekend in Palm Desert, CA

The theme of the conference: Simply Jesus

The goal was to bring men together for a concentrated time of worship, teaching, and prayer,
all focused on the name above all names, Jesus.

We had several guest speakers and there was abundant opportunity for the men to get to know each other and to learn how each might be able to best help the other to reach out to the world with the good news of the gospel.

I have been to a number church conferences but I must say that this one was, for me,
the most meaningful and helpful that I have ever attended.

In Mathew 28:18-20, Jesus gave a commandment for His followers to go into all the world, teaching everything that He had taught, Baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

One reason that this conference was special to me is that a friend whom I had helped lead to the Lord, asked me if I would baptize him right there, the next day, which I did.

The whole experience of being part of helping him find the Lord has been wonderful anyway, but his honoring me by requesting that I baptize him was extra special to me.

The Lord had radically and miraculously saved and transformed my friend over a year ago, and just watching him grow and worship at church every Sunday, side by side with my wife, well, WOW, that is what life is all about to me.

View a picture of the baptism.

Space prohibits me from telling you all the special moments with the Lord which I experienced during this conference, but I want to mention one more which I value highly.

I was introduced to a fabulous Christian ministry JesusCentral.com Where people of all backgrounds learn about
Jesus.

The JesusCentral.com website is really exceptional in bringing Jesus to the world, especially China, a region of the world in which I also have been involved in reaching for many years now. Users at the JesusCentral.com website even have the option of choosing to view it in Chinese, and Arabic!

The website also contains extensive learning aids for all ages, including a free online course titled "Jesus 101" FREE INTRO COURSE - 6 weeks, 1 hour weekly. next Course Starts: November 16, 2009.

As an ordained minister myself and someone whose goal is to maximize the use of the Internet to spread the good news of Jesus, I have years of experience in web design and marketing, and I can tell you enthusiastically that I recommend JesusCentral.com as one of the most exceptional Christian websites I have seen, both in terms of it's extensive content and in terms of it's technically advanced programming.

I heartily recommend that you familiarize yourself with it and use the resources there to enhance your own education, and to share Jesus with people of all backgrounds to help them learn about Jesus!

Larry Hayden
A disciple of Jesus

Please share the gospel by visiting my Internet sites and sharing the links with others:

Music: www.LarryHaydenMusic.com
Watch Music Videos:http://www.LarryHaydenMusic.com/videos.html
View daily blog: "Thoughts of A Christian" www.larryhaydenmusic.blogspot.com
Watch YouTube Videos: www.youtube.com/user/larryhaydenmusic
View Christian topics on Facebook: www.facebook.com/larryhaydenmusic
View Christian posts on Twitter: www.twitter.com/larry12468

No comments:

Post a Comment