Monday, September 14, 2009

King of the Road by Roger Miller

CLICK HERE to view the video which details the amazing career of Roger Miller,
who wrote and sang King of the Road and many other top hits in the 60's and 70's.

For you youngsters
CLICK HERE to hear my version of King of the Road.
A very cleverly written song by a very clever man who passed way too soon, in 1992 at age 56. (From lung cancer).
I sing King Of The
Road on my CD named "Croonin the great hits
CLICK HERE
".

I don't know if Roger was a Christian believer or not but his
rare talent was certainly from God, and I always enjoyed seeing him perform.
I think his final home was in Santa Fe New Mexico and at that time I lived in Albuquerque and saw him perform live there.
Just wonderful.

Larry Hayden
CLICK HERE

Roger Dean Miller (January 2, 1936 – October 25, 1992) was a Grammy and Tony Award winning American singer, songwriter, musician and actor, best known for his honky tonk-influenced novelty songs. His most recognized tunes included the chart-topping country/pop hits "King of the Road", "Dang Me" and "England Swings" all from the mid-1960s Nashville Sound era.

No comments:

Post a Comment