Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Jesus said "I no longer call you servants, but I call you friends"

It thrills my soul when I think of the the truth that Jesus, Lord of the universe, thinks of me (and you) as a friend! Not as a lowly servant or slave, but as a personal friend!

It is too amazing and wonderful for words, but it is true and the Bible makes it very clear that He feels this way in the book of John, chapter 15, verses 14-17:

JOHN 15:14-17 King James Verson


“You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another."

The song "Jesus Is A Friend of Mine" is one of my very most favorite songs.
(You can watch as I sing it on video located HERE

So wonderful is this concept of "God being friend to man" that I have already decided that the song I want to be sung at my own funeral is this same song "Jesus Is A Friend Of Mine".


Jesus Himself has been a wonderful friend of mine ever since I first dedicated my life to Him and was baptized at Redrock Baptist Church in Las Vegas, in 1965.


He has pulled me through some very difficult trials.


An example is the untimely death of my first wife Jan in 1970 who died a long miserable death from a very rare cancer at age 25, only 6 months after the birth of our daughter. I learned a valuable lesson that He doesn't always take us OUT of the trial, but He for sure does GO WITH US through the trail. It was Jan who first led me to the Lord, and when I met my wonderful present wife Joann 6 months after Jan's death, it was me who led HER to the Lord. All things have worked together for good just as the Bible promises. (Romans 8:28)

My daughter survived being in the womb, right next to a 9 pound tumor, and she is today a dynamic Christian woman deeply involved in ministry with her husband's wonderful prison ministry!


There are many other very tough situations I could tell you about during which I know it was the Lord walking hand in hand with me, who made the battles bearable and also caused them to serve as a valuable life learning experience.

Is Jesus a personal friend of yours too?

I sincerely hope so.

If I can help you learn about Jesus and so that you KNOW HIm as personal friend of , I would sure like that. Just use my contact form .

Also, I want to refer you to a very reliable and substantial website resource WHO IS JESUS REALLY... which will answer that question for you for sure if you avail yourself of it.

In God's love,

Larry




No comments:

Post a Comment